2017-2018 Dress Code
The purpose of the Dress Code is to encourage students to focus on the learning process without the distractions of unsuitable dress and grooming. Students shall maintain a clean, orderly appearance at all times. The following are general guidelines for Mariner High School that are in addition to the Code of Conduct.
- Appropriate footware (i.e. shoes or sandals) must be worn at all times. Bedroom slippers and rubber flip-flops are prohibited.
- The wearing or carrying of hats, caps, headgear, and sunglasses except in conjunction with designated school approved functions are prohibited. Bandanas and stocking caps are prohibited. Pajamas are not permitted.
- Pants shall be worn so that the waist band is at the waist. The length should be at or below the knee. Torn jeans should not show skin above the knee. Spandex, stretch denim, yoga, tights, leggins, or other form-fitting pant clothing worn are not permitted. This clothing may only be worn in a "layered" look, under shorts, skirts, and/or dresses that arethe acceptable length as outlined in the school dress code.
- Transparent or see-through tops, spaghetti strap style dresses distracting are prohibited. These items must not be worn under clothing items because outer garments should be able to be removed in warm weather. All shirts and/or blouses must cover the shoulder from the collar bone to over the shoulder. Low cut blouses or shirts are not acceptable. Stomach and back should not be exposed.
- Women's skirts and dresses are to be at the knee in lenght.
- Body piercing loops are not allowed.
THE SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO APPRAISE ANY CURRENT FASHION OR FAD AND DETERMINE WHETHER IT IS APPROPRIATE FOR SCHOOL. STUDENTS WHO CHOOSE TO DRESS INAPPROPRIATELY WILL BE SUBJECT TO DISCIPLINARY ACTION.